Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Jan. 7 to Jan. 13, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Set up site office conference trailer; build deck and stairs
- Excavate, form and pour trench drains
- Install cladding on ED canopy
- Demolish existing concrete stairs, footings and the old helipad
- Utilities: pull electrical wire; install conduits; install stormwater and water lines; remove existing catch basins and pipes
- Excavate for new stair footings
- Patch asphalt
- Backfill excavated areas
- Install waterproofing on new stairs
- Install concrete rip rap
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be the demolition, which is scheduled from Jan. 4 to Jan. 10. The asphalt patching will produce some odor on Jan. 8 (date subject to change depending on the weather).
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.