Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 24 to Dec. 30, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install black mesh screening on the construction fence
- Remove existing stone
- Remove temporary walls at the Forest staff entrance
- Install temporary dust containment wall at the ED
- ED canopy: install support steel, then install framing and sheeting on the canopy
- Backfill excavated areas
- Demolish existing concrete stairs and footings
- Drill concrete and install rebar
- Utilities: install water treatment and stormwater pipes; set catch basins; install sleeves and box for natural gas (Puget Sound Energy)
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be the demolition and the concrete drilling; the demolition is scheduled to take place from Dec. 24 to Dec. 28, while the drilling is scheduled from Dec. 27 to Dec. 31.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Work will not occur on Sunday or on Tuesday, Dec. 25.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.