Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 31 to Jan. 6, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Set up site office conference trailer
- Forest staff entrance: remove temporary overhead protection and touch up paint
- Finish installing temporary dust containment wall at the Emergency Department (ED)
- ED canopy: install framing, sheeting and cladding on canopy
- Backfill multiple excavated areas
- Drill concrete and install rebar on the north side of Forest A
- Form, pour and strip concrete wall at stairway north of Forest A and around tree relocation island
- Utilities: install power, water, stormwater and sewer pipes; set catch basins; tap water main and set water meter
- Patch asphalt
- Install concrete rip rap
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be the concrete drilling, which is scheduled from Dec. 27 to Dec. 31. The asphalt patching will produce some odor on Dec. 31 (date subject to change depending on the weather).
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Work will not occur on Sunday or on Tuesday, Jan. 1.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.