Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Jan. 14 to Jan. 20, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build deck and stairs for new site office conference trailer
- Install power pumps for water treatment
- Saw cut, demolish and remove existing asphalt
- Excavate for site temporary power and install duct bank (conduits)
- Utilities: cut and cap existing storm lines; install power meter; Seattle City Light to install power service; cut and remove existing stormwater shoring; excavate for storm drain brackets
- Prepare dirt pad for drill rig
- Form, pour and strip concrete at stairway north of Forest A; install rebar; set concrete wall form
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be the asphalt demolition and saw cutting, which is scheduled for Jan. 15 and Jan. 16.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.