Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Jan. 28 to Feb. 3, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Helen Lane work (near the River entrance): install conduits and wiring, backfill, and set new light poles
- Install power to site office conference trailer
- Install pipes for water treatment
- Demolish, saw cut and remove asphalt
- Prepare dirt pads for drill rigs
- Drill piles
- Stairway north of Forest A: install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork and backfill excavated areas
- Internal activities: plumbing and piping; core drilling
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be the drilling for the piles (scheduled for Jan. 25 to Feb. 13) and the asphalt demolition and saw cutting, which will take place Jan. 28 and Jan. 29.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.