Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 11 to Feb. 17, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Form and pour concrete curbs
- Prepare dirt pads for drill rigs
- Drill piles
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork and backfill excavated areas
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Internal activities: replace valves; core drilling; plumbing and pipe installation; install pipe hangers, firestop systems and seismic restraints; pressure testing
- Install duct bank (conduits)
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be drilling for the piles, which will occur all week. Expect heavy truck traffic all week as excavated soil is hauled away from the site.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.