Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 18 to Feb. 24, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork and backfill excavated areas
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Drill Piles
- Install duct banks for pipes and conduits
- Install rebar; form and pour concrete
- Grading activities
- Utilities: install stormwater and sewer lines; tap water main in 40th Avenue NE and set water meter
- Internal activities: replace valves; replace fire pump; install pipes, firestops and seismic restraints; pressure testing
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be drilling for the piles and installing tie backs/anchors, both of which will happen all week. Expect heavy truck traffic all week as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, except that certain internal activities associated with replacing the fire pump will occur on Sunday, Feb. 24 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.