Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 25 to March 3, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Drill piles
- Install water treatment pipes
- Form, pour and strip concrete; install rebar and grating
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Backfill some excavated areas
- Install duct banks for pipes and conduits
- Prepare dirt pads for drill rigs
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Patch asphalt
- Internal activities: install pipes, valves, dampers and hangers; core drilling
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be drilling for the piles and installing tie backs/anchors, both of which will take place all week. The asphalt patching is scheduled for Friday, March 1 and will produce minor odors.
Expect heavy truck traffic all week as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.