Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From April 29 to May 5, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install brackets and scaffold on south wall
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Install rebar for footings
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): temporary oxygen system shutdowns and new line tie-ins; remove existing oxygen line; install seismic restraints; install new pipe pathways; frame and paint soffit; remove scaffolding and infection prevention barrier
- Activities south of Forest A: excavation and core drilling
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be installing tie backs/anchors (scheduled for April 29 to May 1) and the core drilling (scheduled for May 1 to May 6). The noisiest internal work will be the installation of new pipe pathways.
Expect heavy truck traffic as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.