Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From April 8 to April 14, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Drill new piles
- Demolish some existing piles
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Back fill certain excavated areas
- Install rebar and stair embeds
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): install hangers and pipes for multiple systems; install new infection prevention barriers; install new pipe pathways; install firestops
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be drilling new piles and demolishing some existing piles, which will take place all week. The noisiest internal work will be the installation of new pipe pathways.
Expect heavy truck traffic as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.