Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 20 to May 26, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install underground conduits
- Form pedestals
- Pour concrete pads
- Install scaffolding at south wall
- Drill and install rebar
- Install water proofing and drain gates at perimeter walls
- Form and pour footings and columns
- Set underground utility vaults
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): finish sheet metal work; tap water line
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): form and pour load bank footing; set load bank enclosure
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.