Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 27 to June 2, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Connect to water main in 40th Avenue NE
- Set temporary power shed, pull wires, and energize
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls and footings
- Set placing boom mast for tower crane
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install underground pipes
- Install underground utility vaults; backfill
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): tie-in work for medical vacuum system
During the water connection work, 40th Avenue NE will be narrowed to one lane, and parking will not be allowed on the west side of the street near Sand Point Way NE and the old Wells Fargo building. Flaggers will be used for traffic control. These impacts will occur during standard construction hours on May 28 and May 29.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be installing tie backs/anchors, which is scheduled for the entire week, and the work in 40th Avenue for the water connection, which is scheduled for May 28 and May 29.
Expect heavy truck traffic as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.