Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 1 to July 7, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for curbs, walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
- Remove deck and scaffold; demolish scaffold brackets
- Erect steel backup structure for exterior mock-up and install framing and sheeting
- Install underground plumbing and electrical
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): install cable rail; excavation; install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Internal activity on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): penetrations for firestops; install communication pathways
- Internal activity in Emergency Department: paint and clean wall; remove infection prevention barrier
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external activities will be the concrete work, which will occur all week. The noisiest internal work will be the firestop penetrations and installing communication pathways. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. No work will take place on Thursday, July 4.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.