Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From June 17 to June 23, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Water service work in 40th Avenue NE: prepare subgrade; pour street panels; pour concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk (see street and parking impacts described below)
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): drill piles and install tank vents
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
- Demolish scaffold brackets
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install underground plumbing and electrical
- Internal activity on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): install support steel
Street and parking impacts to 40th Avenue NE: From June 17 to June 19, the east lane of 40th Avenue will be closed during working hours, and parking will not be allowed on the west side of the street near Sand Point Way NE and the old Wells Fargo building. The sidewalk on the east side of 40th Avenue between Sand Point Way and the Emergency Department entry driveway will also be closed. Flaggers will be used for traffic control. These impacts will occur between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. as crews finish installing new water service for Building Care.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be drilling piles, which is scheduled for June 17 and June 18, and the work in 40th Avenue to complete the water connection from June 17 to June 19. Expect heavy truck traffic from dump trucks and concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.