Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From June 24 to June 30, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for curbs, walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
- Erect steel backup structure for exterior mock-up
- Set column cages
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install underground plumbing and electrical
- Install waterproofing on walls
- Remove scaffold and deck
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): install tank vents; excavation; install sump; demolish asphalt
- Internal activity on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): core drilling; install communications pathways; demolish portion of ceiling
- Internal activity in Emergency Department: install infection prevention barrier; install conduits; demolish backside of wall; modify framing; install new med gas alarm panel; shut down Forest A panel to install power on June 27; remove infection prevention barrier
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be the asphalt demolition south of Forest A, scheduled for June 28. The noisiest internal work will be the core drilling, which is scheduled for June 25 to June 27. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.