Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 15 to July 21, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for curbs, walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
- Install framing, sheeting, seismic joint, flashing and windows for exterior mock-up
- Install drains, plumbing and electrical
- Backfill excavated areas
- Install scaffold
- Install waterproofing for walls
- Form pilaster
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): excavation; install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork; grade for footing; install rebar
- Internal and external activities on River level 6: remove ceiling tiles; core drill for new vent location; move vent piping; patch roofing
- Internal and external activities on River level 7: demolish siding; relocate downspout; saw cut and demolish parapet; drill and install rebar
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): install seismic restraints; replace ceiling
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external activities will be the concrete work, which will occur all week. The noisiest internal work will be the drilling. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.