Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 22 to July 28, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
• Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): pour footing; add gravel backfill; set fuel tank with crane truck (see details below)
• Install rebar and pour concrete for curbs, walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
• Install windows and fabricate metal panels for exterior mock-up
• Set column cages
• Install scaffolding
• Waterproofing for walls
• Install deck over excavated elevator pits
• Install plumbing and electrical
• Backfill some excavated areas
• Internal and external activities on River level 6: patch roofing; replace ceiling tiles; clean affected area
• Internal and external activities on River level 7: pour curbs; install bolt templates/embeds for future skybridge
• Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): drill firestop penetrations; install infection control barriers; install communication pathways; shut down existing medical gas alarm panel and install power; install new medical gas alarm panel; clean affected area
A fuel tank will be placed south of Forest A, near the loading dock and NE 45th Street, on Saturday, July 27. No parking will be allowed on either side of 40th Avenue NE south of the Metro bus stop, and traffic will be narrowed to a single lane in that area; flaggers will provide traffic control. A crane and support truck will be used on site. The fuel tank will be delivered on a truck that will park on the east side of 40th Avenue; once the tank is offloaded, the delivery truck will depart and the tank will be placed on the east side of 40th Avenue and re-oriented. The tank will then be set in place on Children’s property using the crane. This work is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day. The bus stop will remain accessible at all times, and the sidewalks on 40th Avenue will remain open except when the crane is being used over the sidewalk.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external activities will be the concrete work, which will occur all week, and the installation of the fuel tank south of Forest A, which is scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 27. The noisiest internal work will be the drilling. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.