Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 29 to Aug. 4, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for curbs, walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
- Form pilaster
- Set up scaffolding
- Waterproofing for walls
- Install electrical
- Load in materials for underground garage deck
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): install pipes and backfill excavated areas
- Internal and external activities on River level 6: conduct air testing and remove infection prevention barrier
- Internal and external activities on River level 7: prepare rooftop for skybridge curb installation and install weather protection
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): drill firestop penetrations; install seismic restraints; remove infection prevention barriers
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external activities will be the concrete work, which will occur all week. The noisiest internal work will be the drilling. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.