Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 8 to July 14, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for curbs, walls, footings, columns, and pads/slabs
- Install framing and sheeting for exterior mock-up
- Install scaffolding
- Install waterproofing for walls
- Demolish obstruction lights, roofing and siding at future skybridge tie-in location
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): excavation; install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Internal activity on River level 6: install infection prevention barriers
- Internal activities on River level 7: install infection prevention barriers
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): install communication pathways; install firestopping
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external activities will be the concrete work, which will occur all week. The noisiest internal work will be the installation of communication pathways. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.