Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 7 to Oct. 13, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Fire lane expansion activities near NE 45th Street: install site fence; cut and cap existing electrical and irrigation lines; remove existing landscaping (see note below)
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): demolish old electrical equipment; install striping and curbs; restore landscaping
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Install metal panels on exterior mock-up
- Strip concrete
- Set stairs in underground area
- Excavation and backfill
- Install underground conduits
- Set Seattle City Light transformer vaults (scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 12)
- Activities on River level 7: frame and install walls and doors at skybridge connection point
- Internal activities: reconfigure existing fire equipment on Forest A level 1
Note: Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 9, crews will begin work to widen the existing fire lane on Seattle Children’s property from NE 45th Street (the fire lane roughly aligns with 42nd Avenue NE). This work is expected to last through late November. The sidewalk on the north side of 45th Street will be closed between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. when construction is underway. The vehicular travel lanes within 45th Street will be shifted, but two lanes of travel will be maintained. Neighbors south of 45th Street will experience some noise and moderate vibrations during construction. The work planned between Oct. 9 and Oct. 13 is preparation work and will have minimal impact. Read this Construction Blog each week to learn about upcoming work and potential impacts.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest activities will be the demolition of the old load bank south of Forest A. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.