Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Sept. 30 to Oct. 6, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): place asphalt
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Strip concrete
- Set stairs in underground area
- Activities on River level 7: frame and install walls at skybridge connection point
- Internal activities: Reconfigure existing fire equipment on Forest A level 1
The asphalt placement is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 4 and will create some odor.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.