Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 14 to Oct. 20, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Fire lane expansion activities near NE 45th Street: remove landscaping, clear work area, demolition, grading, install block wall, remove light poles and bollards (a vacuum truck will be used for this work)
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): restore landscaping
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Install metal panels and external finish material on exterior mock-up
- Strip concrete
- Install waterproofing
- Drilling into existing electrical vault
- Set new underground vault
- Activities on River level 7: frame and install walls at skybridge connection point
- Internal activities: reconfigure existing fire equipment on Forest A level 1
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest activities will be the demolition associated with the fire lane expansion, including the use of a vacuum truck. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.