Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Fire lane expansion activities near NE 45th Street: demolish concrete; grade for new bollards; install rebar and pour concrete for expanded fire lane, curb, and sidewalk; install irrigation; excavate at sidewalk; install drains; patch asphalt in 45th Street
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, and slabs
- Strip concrete
- Install waterproofing for walls
- Install overhead protection measures
- Set stairs
- Backfill excavated areas
- Activities on River C, level 7: install metal panels, roof ladder and flashing at skybridge connection point
- Internal activities: install new pipe and wiring pathways on Forest A, level 1
The asphalt patching in NE 45th Street, which is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 31, will generate some odor.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest activities will be the demolition associated with the fire lane expansion. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.