Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 2 to Dec. 8, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, slabs, vestibule, and fire lane
- Install support steel
- Prep work for structural steel
- Erect structural steel
- Set stairs
- Prep work on electricity transformer vault
- Install irrigation sleeving
- Internal activities: install new pipe, wiring and pneumatic tube system pathways on Forest A, level 1; install pipes and blower for pneumatic tube system extension; reconfigure equipment in existing fire command center
Note: Structural steel erection is scheduled to begin Dec. 3, which will lead to increased noise.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.