Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Nov. 11 to Nov. 17, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, slabs, and curbs
- Strip concrete
- Install waterproofing for walls
- Install steel forms
- Prep work on electricity transformer vault
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Demolish concrete walkways within site
- Activities on River C, level 7: construct walls
- Internal activities: install new pipe and wiring pathways on Forest A, level 1
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest activity will be the demolition of concrete walkways within the site. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.