Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 10 to Feb. 16, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, curbs, slabs, and stairs
- Install fireproofing
- Build exterior panels
- Install roofing and waterproofing
- Set stairs
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Paint concrete and plywood
- Frame walls and doors
- Seal concrete
- Build concrete block walls
- Install rain leaders
- Install storm drain pipes and catch basins
- Install underground piping
- Internal activities in River building: install pipes for pneumatic tube system extension
Note: The roofing and waterproofing activities will generate odors.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest external activities will be the structural steel erection and pressure washing associated with waterproofing. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.