Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 24 to March 1, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, curbs, slabs, stairs and duct bank
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install fireproofing
- Paint concrete
- Build exterior panels
- Install roofing
- Install waterproofing for slabs and walls
- Set stairs
- Build concrete block walls
- Install sprinkler system
- Install rain leaders
- Install natural gas line (see updated Construction Blog post for details)
- Install storm drain and fuel oil pipes
- Internal activities in River building: install pipes for pneumatic tube system extension
Notes: The roofing and waterproofing activities will generate odors. The natural gas line work will be done at night within 40th Avenue NE and will restrict some parking on the street (see the updated Construction Blog post for details).
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest external activities will be the structural steel erection. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.