Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
The Building Care construction site is closed through April 7. The work outlined below is based on the assumption that the site will reopen on April 8. Given the current situation with COVID-19, that reopening date is subject to change.
From April 8 to April 12, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, curbs, slabs, decks and stairs
- Install fireproofing
- Base framing for connection to River
- Install anchors for windows
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Set up lift system
- Install windows
- Set stairs
- Install elevator machines
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Seal concrete
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Set Seattle City Light transformers
- Set temporary gas meter
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.