Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From March 16 to March 22, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, curbs, slabs, decks and stairs
- Install fireproofing
- Install anchors for windows
- Set and weld walls
- Install glass
- Set stairs
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install elevator machines
- Seal floors
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install rain leaders
- Demolition at Forest A level L1 connection point
- Install fuel oil pipes
- Internal activities: install pipes for pneumatic tube system extension in River building; set up infection prevention barriers at Forest A connection points and River B family lounge
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest activities will be those associated with erecting the steel and the demolition at the Forest A level L1 connection point. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.