Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From March 30 to April 5, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, curbs, slabs, decks and stairs
- Install fireproofing
- Base framing for connection to River
- Install anchors for windows
- Install windows
- Set up lift system
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Seal concrete
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Set Seattle City Light transformers
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.