Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 4 to May 10, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Install waterproofing
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, decks and stairs
- Base framing for connection to River
- Install anchors for windows
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Set up lift system
- Install glass
- Set stairs
- Install elevator machines and equipment
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Build out electrical, mechanical and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install drywall
- Load in and set air handling units
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Demolition for connection points to Forest A
- Interior activities: install mechanical, electrical, plumbing and drywall in River B patient family lounge; install infection prevention barriers and conduct demolition on lower level 1 of Forest A for building connections
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The demolition activities will be the loudest. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.