Based on the governor’s order, the Building Care project falls under the classification of “essential,” and construction is expected to resume Monday, April 27.
From April 27 to May 3, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Install waterproofing
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, decks and stairs
- Install fireproofing
- Base framing for connection to River
- Install anchors for windows
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Set up lift system
- Install glass
- Set stairs
- Install elevator machines and equipment
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Build out electrical and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Seal concrete
- Install drywall
- Install HVAC ducts
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Interior activities: set up infection prevention barriers and demolition in River B patient family lounge
- Set power transformers (Seattle City Light)
- Set temporary gas meter
- Backfill for storm drain pipes and fuel oil lines
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.