Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 11 to May 17, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, curbs, decks and stairs
- Install fireproofing
- Base construction for connection to River
- Install anchors for windows
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Set up lift system
- Install glass
- Build elevator care frames
- Install gas line
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install drywall
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Install plumbing and medical gas risers
- Demolition and saw cutting for connection points to Forest A
- Interior activities: install drywall and countertops in River B patient family lounge
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The demolition and saw cutting activities will be the loudest. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.