Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 18 to May 24, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, pads, curbs and decks
- Install fireproofing
- Install anchors for windows
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Set up lift system
- Install temporary roofing
- Install glass
- Build elevator care frames
- Install elevator machines
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install drywall
- Install insulation
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Install exhaust air, plumbing and medical gas risers
- Set air handling units
- Saw cutting for connection points to Forest A
- Interior activities: repair flooring, paint, clean and remove infection prevention barriers in River B patient family lounge
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The saw cutting will be the loudest activity. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.