Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 6 to July 12, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, and pads
- Install fireproofing
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Install roofing
- Install air flow louvers
- Install glass
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Install fire sprinkler systems and alarm controls
- Install flooring
- Load in and set air handling units
- Install exhaust air, plumbing and medical gas risers
- Install soil
- Interior activities: install drywall, insulation, and mechanical, electrical and plumbing for new chapel location on River A level 7; install mechanical, electrical and plumbing in lower level 1 of Forest A for future connections; set up infection prevention barriers and demolish existing ceiling tiles on level 8 of Forest A for future connections
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.