Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From June 15 to June 21, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, curbs and pads
- Install fireproofing
- Install anchors and clips for windows
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Install roofing
- Set up lift system
- Set rooftop chillers
- Install glass
- Install elevator machines and equipment
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Install exhaust air, plumbing and medical gas risers
- Seattle City Light vault buildout
- Interior activities: install mechanical, electrical and plumbing for new chapel location on River A level 7; install connections for mechanical, electrical and plumbing in lower level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.