Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 20 to July 26, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, slabs, and pads
- Install fireproofing
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Install roofing
- Install air flow louvers
- Install glass
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Install pneumatic tube system equipment
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Set air handling units
- Install soil
- Build out interior spaces
- Interior activities: set up infection prevention barrier and demolish flooring and drywall on River B level 3 in old vending machine location; paint in new chapel location on River A level 7; set up infection prevention barriers on level 6 of Forest A for future connections; demolition on level 7 of Forest A for future connections; install seismic joints and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing on level 8 of Forest A for future connections
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The soil installation will generate some odors. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.