Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From July 27 to Aug. 2, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls and shafts
- Install fireproofing
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Install roofing
- Install glass
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Install pneumatic tube system stations
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Install soil
- Build out interior spaces
- Work in existing buildings: demolish flooring and drywall, saw cut floor, install drain, install utility wiring and pipes, and install drywall on River B level 3 in old vending machine location; paint and install ceiling panels in new chapel location on River A level 7
- Building connection work: paint, install ceiling panels, and install utility wiring and pipes on lower level 1 of Forest A; set up infection prevention barriers and begin demolition on level 5 of Forest A; demolition and steel installation on level 6 of Forest A; install steel and walls on level 7 of Forest A; install utility wiring and pipes on level 8 of Forest A; frame and install drywall, demolish existing roofing, install new roofing, and set roof drains on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The soil installation will generate some odors. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.