Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Sept. 21 to Sept. 27, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls, shafts, and landings
- Install fireproofing
- Install roofing
- Set walls
- Install metal panels
- Install windows
- Install metal sheeting
- Install elevator equipment
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Install flooring
- Install sprinkler systems
- Build out interior spaces
- Electrical power installation (Seattle City Light)
- Work in existing buildings:
- Install ice maker, sink, shelves, and IT equipment on River B level 3 for Starbucks coffee cart
- Install panels, doors, glass, and signage in new chapel location on River A level 7
- Building connection work:
- Saw cutting, pour stairs and install steel on level 1 of Forest A
- Set walls on level 5 of Forest A
- Set walls and install seismic joints and utility connections on level 6 of Forest A
- Complete framing and install utility wiring and insulation on level 7 of Forest A
- Install utility wiring, insulation, drywall, and seismic joint covers on level 8 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The fireproofing will generate some odors. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.