Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 19 to Oct. 25, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Dismantle and remove tower crane (see separate blog post called “Building Care Tower Crane to Be Removed” for details)
- Pour concrete for slabs and walls
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install elevator equipment
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Build out electrical, mechanical, telecommunication, machine and generator rooms
- Install flooring
- Build out interior spaces
- Set air handling units
- Building connection work:
- Set up infection prevention barriers and demolish walls, ceilings, and windows on level 5 of River C
- Install insulation and drywall on level 6 of River C
- Form and pour concrete slab on level 7 of River C
- Paint on level L1 of Forest A
- Frame walls, set walls, and install utility wiring, steel beam, and fireproofing on level 1 of Forest A
- Complete framing and install utility wiring and pneumatic tube connections on level 2 of Forest A
- Set walls and install seismic joints and pneumatic tube connections on level 3 of Forest A
- Set walls on level 4 of Forest A
- Install seismic joint covers on level 5 of Forest A
- Paint on level 6 of Forest A
- Paint, patch ceiling, trim utility wiring, and install flooring on level 7 of Forest A
- Trim utility wiring and install flooring on level 8 of Forest A
- Paint, install drywall, and trim utility wiring on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. There will be increased truck activity and noise on Oct. 24 and 25 associated with the removal of the tower crane (see separate blog post called “Building Care Tower Crane to Be Removed” for details). In general, expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
The tower crane removal will take place Saturday, Oct. 24, and Sunday, Oct. 25. All other work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.