Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 26 to Nov. 1, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for slabs and walls
- Install waterproofing
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install elevator equipment
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Build out electrical, mechanical, telecommunication, machine and generator rooms
- Install flooring
- Build out interior spaces
- Building connection work:
- Set up infection prevention barriers and install temporary power on level 2 of River C
- Set up infection prevention barriers and demolish walls and windows on level 4 of River C
- Demolish windows, saw cut concrete, install seismic plate, and frame walls on level 5 of River C
- Install utility wiring, insulation, and drywall on level 6 of River C
- Install seismic plate on level 7 of River C
- Paint and install utility wiring on level L1 of Forest A
- Install utility wiring, seismic joints, and drywall on level 1 of Forest A
- Install drywall and seismic joint covers on level 2 of Forest A
- Install seismic joints, utility wiring, and pneumatic tube connections on level 3 of Forest A
- Set walls and install utility wiring, seismic joints, and pneumatic tube connections on level 4 of Forest A
- Paint and install utility wiring and flooring on level 5 of Forest A
- Install utility wiring and flooring on level 6 of Forest A
- Install flooring on level 7 of Forest A
- Install flooring on level 8 of Forest A
- Install flooring and remove barriers on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.