Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 14 to Dec. 20, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install ductwork
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Build out electrical, mechanical, and telecommunication rooms
- Install flooring
- Build out interior spaces
- Install sprinkler system
- Remove temporary power poles and demolish temporary duct bank and switchboard pad
- Building connection work:
- Framing and install utility wiring on level 3 of River C
- Install utility wiring and flooring on level 4 of River C
- Paint and install flooring on level 5 of River C
- Paint on level 6 of River C
- Framing and install expansion joint, utility wiring, drywall, and insulation on level 7 of River C
- Remove infection prevention barriers on level L1 of Forest A
- Paint, install flooring, and trim utility wiring on level 1 of Forest A
- Paint, install ceiling, and trim utility wiring on level 3 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.