Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 21 to Dec. 27, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Build out electrical, mechanical, and telecommunication rooms
- Install flooring
- Build out interior spaces
- Install sprinkler system
- Demolish temporary electrical switchboard
- Building connection work:
- Framing and install utility wiring, drywall, and sprinklers on level 3 of River C
- Paint and relocate infection prevention barriers on level 4 of River C
- Install signage and relocate infection prevention barriers on level 5 of River C
- Cleaning on level 6 of River C
- Install expansion joint cover plates on level 7 of River C
- Paint, trim utility wiring, and patch flooring on level 1 of Forest A
- Paint and remove infection prevention barriers on level 3 of Forest A
- Install expansion joint covers and flooring, and remove infection prevention barriers on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed on Dec. 25.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.