Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 28 to Jan. 3, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install drywall
- Install trim
- Tape and paint
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install stone cladding on exterior
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install sprinkler system
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Build out electrical, mechanical and telecommunication rooms
- Begin Terrazzo flooring install in main entry
- Building connection work:
- Install doors, complete soffits and paint on level 3 of River C
- Cleaning on levels 4 and 5 of River C
- Final inspections on level 1 of Forest A stair egress; reopen in advance of FA Staff Entrance Closure
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed on Jan. 1.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.