Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 8 to Feb. 14, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install roofing
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Demolish hard surfaces in north parking lot
- Install flooring
- Building connection work:
- Paint and install ceiling and utility wiring on level 3 of River C
- Install ceilings on level 7 of River C
- Install steel and decking, and form and pour footings on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. The loudest external activities will be the demolishing of hard surfaces on the north side of the construction site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.