There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 22 to Feb. 28, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install siding
- Install roofing
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install canopy steel
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Remove scaffolds
- Demolish hard surfaces in north parking lot
- Install irrigation
- Form and pour bollard footings
- Install flooring
- Excavation and grading
- Building connection work:
- Paint and install utility wiring, flooring, and ceilings on level 3 of River C
- Install ceilings and utility wiring on level 7 of River C
- Framing and install sheeting, steel, and decking on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. The loudest external activities will be the demolishing of hard surfaces on the north side of the construction site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.