There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From March 1 to March 7, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install siding
- Install roofing
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install canopy steel
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Remove scaffolds
- Install soil
- Form and pour bollard footings
- Install flooring
- Excavation and grading
- Building connection work:
- Trim utility wiring, install flooring, clean, and remove infection prevention barriers on level 3 of River C
- Install corner guards, doors, and hardware on level 7 of River C
- Framing and install sheeting on level 1 of Forest A
- Install metal panels on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. The soil installation may generate moderate odors. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.