There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From March 15 to March 21, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install roofing
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- De-energize temporary electrical service and remove temporary power poles (Seattle City Light)
- Demolish temporary duct bank and concrete pad
- Install irrigation system
- Form and pour concrete curbs, slabs, footings, and stairs
- Building connection work:
- Paint and install ceilings and flooring on level 3 of River C
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest external activities will be the demolishing of the temporary duct bank and concrete pad. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.