There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From March 8 to March 14, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install roofing
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Install soil
- Install flooring
- De-energize temporary electrical service and remove temporary power poles (Seattle City Light)
- Excavation and grading
- Install irrigation system and drains
- Pour footings
- Building connection work:
- Install flooring and metal column covers on level 3 of River C
- Fireproofing, demolish walls and ceilings, and install sheeting and seismic joints on level 1 of Forest A
- Trim utility wiring on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. The soil installation may generate moderate odors. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.