There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From April 12 to April 18, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Special note: On April 9, we will begin the first phase of reconfiguring the Emergency Department (ED) drop-off and drive aisle. The ED vehicular entrance will remain in the same location for now, but ED vehicles will no longer exit onto 40th Avenue NE; instead, they will be routed north through the hospital campus.
- Build out interior spaces
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install and trim mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- Install roofing
- Pressure washing
- Form and pour concrete slabs, stairs, and walls
- Demolish asphalt, concrete, lights, and signage at ED drop-off area
- Install irrigation
- Building connection work:
- Paint; install doors and signage; and cleaning on level 3 of River C
- Paint, install signage, move infection prevention barrier, and cleaning on level 7 of River C
- Install seismic joint and fire proofing on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.